Monday, November 22, 2004

A SAD daY FROM MEMORY

A Day from my memory:Hello again,I wish if I could everyday post a blog but it's difficult to me because I don't have internet in my house because it's expensive to me so I go to the Internet cafe when I have the enough time and money to post these blogs,so forgive if I being late in post blogs ,and I thanks every one send to me Email because this encourage me and help me to keep on writing blogs. Let's hear some of Iraqi news & how they spend their dangerous live with these explosions & bombed cars & battles that may take place in the streets near the houses of civilians in some location in this Iraq,but inspite of all this you see the peoples go to their work and office like every thing normal. I will tell you about the Iraqi originality and how they respect the neighboring relations and help their neighbor in his dreariness in danger time and critical situations. I life in city were the (Sheaa) life and we are near the (Sadir city), in sometimes the (Mahdi army) were coming in our sector and put a blowing bottles and trying to target the Us army, and all these events were take place in out sector and in AL-Sadir city so no one was get out after the 5:00 P.M. and I'm talking about events took place in August month. I was failed in two lessons in the second stage so I was go to study in my aunt house in (Al-DOURA)city in the south of Baghdad because there it was more safety and more quit environment from our city. In 16/8/2004 my father suffer from a heart attack after middle of night, my mother begin screaming so our one of neighbor,which is an engineer, come as fast he can and my brother go to another neighbor which is a medical assistant and say that we must take him to a hospital and the time was 1:30 A.M. and all streets were fully empty,no cops,no ING,no American patrols in all of Baghdad,another next-door neighbor told us to come behind his car and go to hospital and the other two neighbors,the medical assistant and the engineer, with my brother and uncle in our car and go to hospital in the Gas station which is near our house three members of MAHDI army try to stop our car but our next door neighbor know those members and they permit us to go and stay with us and he come back home to took my father identify card and related paper and told them that my father died because of heart attack,all these events took place and I was not in home because I was studying in my aunt house and our neighbors help us in every thing in funeral even they want to come with us to mosul because we burn our died their and they are ready to present any help we want and all of them were know that is dangerous situation but they come with us inspite of the danger. That is an example of some of Iraqi peoples.

Posted by SALEEM A. HANNA

22/11/2004

Monday


11 Comments:

Blogger WC said...

Saleem,
I am very sorry about your Dad. I am glad that your neighbors are there for you, tho. There is hope as long as y'all stick together and help one another. Very good story.

You & your country will stay in my Prayers.
Blessings to all such decent folk in Iraq.

22/11/04 10:38 AM  
Blogger Brian H said...

Saleem;
Email Tom Villars at tvillars@yahoo.com. He runs a funding site for Iraqi bloggers at this site. You should be able to get help with your expenses, and even possibly your own equipment and connection. The money comes from blog fans who donate to help fine and important bloggers like yourself.

22/11/04 2:07 PM  
Blogger Leap Frog said...

Saleem: Just found your blog.
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure you'll always carry a special place in your heart for him. I wish for peace for you and your family.

Nice to have a great network of family and friends during this difficult time. Thank you for making the effort in writing this blog in English, I benefit from reading your words and glad you do it.

23/11/04 8:42 PM  
Blogger lasun said...

Hello Saleem, my condolences regarding your fathers passing. I guess you live in a really dangerous place. I hope the Iraqi National Guard and the coaltion forces can bring stability to your area soon. Until then, may allah protect you and your family.

23/11/04 9:24 PM  
Blogger MonicaR said...

Saleem I am so sorry to hear about your father. I am glad that you have people around you who are willing to stick by you in the hardest and most dangerous times. That is indeed a blessing and I pray for you and your family and all Iraqis and have a tremendous amount of respect for the bravery you all show every day.

Please do contact Tom Villars as another response suggested. Your voice is very important.

23/11/04 9:57 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Hi Saleem,

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure his spirit and memory will always be with you.

I always appreciated the bond between my family and our neighbours in Iraq.

Please, contact Tom Villars and he'll setup a donation button on your site. He helps Iraqi blogggers who blog from Iraq.

Take care and stay safe you and your family.

24/11/04 12:59 PM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Hey there brave and courageous gentleman!! I just wanted to say hi, I just found your blog (it pays to advertise, you know....) I'll keep poking my head in the door to see what you have shared with the world. Get help from Tom Villars if you can.... AND WELCOME!!

26/11/04 9:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa, New York said...

Hi, Saleem.

I'm sorry about your father.
Keep yourself safe and keep writing your blog. I enjoy reading it, even though I don't comment a lot.

Lisa, New York

27/11/04 10:20 AM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Saleem,

Check this link to get financial help for you blog.

30/11/04 4:26 PM  
Blogger EQQU said...

Like your blog, Ill check back, please check mine out: Email

1/10/05 4:21 PM  
Blogger Quit Smoking said...

I am looking for ideas to start my own blog about ebooks and you have give me a few ideas. Thank you. Good blog. I will check it each week.

3/10/05 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home